A "loose herb" mix Herbal Dietary Supplement.
This is a blend of tonic (nutritive) herbs. Tonic herbs are used to attempt to improve general health, boost energy and improve body tone. A tonic is believed to be to cells much like exercise is to the muscles.* I originally based this formula on herbal pregnancy tea recipes I found used for human mothers-to-be.
The combination of herbs in this formula are traditionally used to:
Contains: Red Raspberry Leaf, Alfalfa, Rose Hips, Fennel, Cinnamon
- Aid in preventing miscarriage and hemorrhage
- Aid in reducing pain during labor and after birth; by helping to tone the muscles used during labor and delivery.
- Stregthen the uterus
- Aid in providing a safe and speedy birth; helps to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. This does not strengthen contractions, but does allow the contracting uterus to work more effectively and so make the birth easier and faster.
- Aid in colostrum / milk production and quality.
- When consumed after birth, this Pregnancy Tonic may help decrease uterine swelling and cut down on post partum bleeding.
- Supplies Vitamins A, Bs, C, E, K, D. High in Calcium and contains phosphorus, iron. potassium and enzymes and trace minerals.
Given once per day
Provide this tonic during the last trimester of pregnancy, continuing one week after giving birth.
You can also start this tonic at any time during pregnancy if you wish.
Animals: 1/4 -1/3 Cup- Fed as dry herbs (straight or mixed with food) or brewed into a tea and added to the animal's water.
Humans: Brew into a tea: add 1-2 quarts boiling water to 1/3 Cup of herbs. Let steep at least 15 minutes hour before drinking. This tea can be refrigerated until the next day, but is better if consumed the same day.
One pound bag - One pound contains approx. 12 cups